Thursday, April 14, 2011

Seattle and into British Columbia

Frozen Lake

Frazer River which runs threw a Canyon for about 100km's

Ducks walking on a Frozen Lake


Decided to have lazy morning and leave once the sun had come out, opened the motel door only to find it was raining, so waited awhile, then loaded and headed North on Highway 5 passing Lakewood, big boating area lots of boats for sale. At Bellingham my GPS turn me off the highway onto the road to Hope in Canada, I had decided the night before to set my route straight up to Fairbanks in Alaska and rather spend time with friends in Vancouver on my way back, been watching the weather channel and saw the weather look good for the next week. Arrived at the border between America & Canada  to find you have only to show your passport at a drive thru window at the Canadian side, showed mine, asked me to remove my sunglasses, then inquired if I had a gun to declare, I laughed so she said it was a serious matter, then asked why I was not plug in. I suppose all other bikers who pass by have plug in suits on. Carried on up North 1 which is a single lane road with a very rough surface, I suppose because of the winters here.Going to ride as far up to Alaska as possible until the cold gets to unbearable to handle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jeni said...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! Winter draw(er)s on. I imagine by a plug in, you mean a heated suit?!?! Hope you are able to get as far as you want without the proverbial brass monkey weather getting the better of you. Go well. Love, Jeni & Pam xxx

April 15, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home