Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Crossed 3 State Lines

Had a great night sleep, in my first American Inn, went to breakfast and was amazed at how they do it over here, first coffee & tea on tap, glass faced fridge with small yogurts, milks and boxed juices, small cartons of different cereals, a selection of muffins, and to top it off " waffles ", cream & syrup and takeaway fresh fruit.
Did all my laundry myself, BMW suit needed a clean to get rid of all the truck fumes and was ready to leave @ 11am. Met my first Black America at the gas station over the road, also a new experience, y6u must first go inside the garage shop, pay before filling, then fill yourself, go back inside and receive your change if you have any. Well my Black American drove out with me and then tailed me for about 400km's (they say miles here) and stopped with me at the next gas station just to ask "were you going"  "were you from" On the days ride I went through 3 State Lines, Texas, New Mexico and ended in Tucson Arizona. Big city with one of the biggest Harley shop I been into, more than 100 bikes on show and a huge clothing showroom. Pasted lots of bikes, going in the opposite direction to me,all Harley's, great highway called "The Interstate 10" ( Pearl Harbor Monument Highway) no toll fees at all, what a bonus compared to Mexico were you are charged about 1pesos a km on some roads.
Huge billboards along the sides of the road advertising what you can get if you take the next off-ramp, first a board with food joints, then accommodation, then places of interest. Amazed at all the firework factory along the interstate as well every little town seems to have one.
Then we have the RV (Winnebago"s) there were more on the road today than cars & trucks, everybody in America must own one, all towing a car or pick-up behind, also huge pick-up with mobile homes attached to them, I was cruising along at 130km's and a couple  of empty 18wheelers past me as if I was standing still.
Signs on the road:
Dust storm may exist next 15miles - Speed monitored from Aircraft overhead - You are entering a Double the fine area - Don't deface the rocks criminal offence

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the land of the brave and the free, things happen here and they cater for all your wims and wants ,you just got to look for it, i love traveling across the vast old usa, the fast food joints ,the worlds biggest ball of elastic bands, or tallest cactus etc, etc. enjoy it goes so quick. H

April 6, 2011 at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home