Friday, April 15, 2011

After 91 Days on the Road Reached Alaska

How's this for a Log Home
Tok Info Centre

Could you do this in SA

Sun tiring to come out No warmth in it at all 

Well after 91 Days on the road, I finally reached my goal of riding from Ushuaia to Alaska, what a journey it has been. The last 3000km's really took  me to my limits and begone.  I have never in my life been so cold, had 6 layers of clothing on, put my rain suit on over my riding suit, had the heated grips on full and really  looked like the "Michelin Man " out there. Passing truck drivers just gave me the thumbs up and then shock there heads, as if to say whats this "MAD OKE"  doing out there in the wilderness on a bike. Tomorrow will be the first time in 3 months that I will turn  and head "SOUTH"  back to Vancouver to spend time with friends.I suppose I was lucky that it didn't snow during the day, but lots of snow fell during the night.. Signs on side of road, "Have you got Winter Tires on" "Do you have Chains" No I have never heard of them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob Croese said...

Lindsey, for 200 USD you can get a Gerbing electrically heated jacket, as well as gloves for 100+ USD. Really worth-while and your BMW can handle the electrical power and plug.

Rob

April 16, 2011 at 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lindsay, you have been making good time. WELL DONE !! Are you (in this cold weather) still eating half a litre of icecream a day? All the best, from MARCO

April 16, 2011 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

Hi Rob, thanks for the comment, I did look at warming suits but because of my size didn't have to fit me.Anyway I survived, will be back to warmer weather I hope soon.
cheers

April 16, 2011 at 11:45 PM  
Anonymous Jeni said...

Congratulations Lindsay! Well done on making it all the way. We're very admiring of your courage and determination, not to mention the speed with which you got there and your fortitude in withstanding the freezing weather. You're the man! Love, as always, Jeni & Pam xxx

April 17, 2011 at 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home