Wednesday, April 27, 2011

MOUNTAIN MEN But How Do They Survive Up in The Rookies



French Trappers gave the name "Trois Tetons" ( 3 breasts) which are the giant peaks to the Southeast and were a  famous early land-mark known to Fur hunters and Mountain men
Big storm coming in

Awoke to snow everywhere as per above photo's, decided to wait until last minute and see what the weather did, sun came out, now I know why everybody drives huge Pick-up's, they attach snowplough to them in the morning after a snow storm and clear the drive-ways and streets with them. Met a truck driver in the reception of the motel, he had just come up from Ashton, were I was heading for, said road was open, but just watch-out on steep down-hills and be careful on shaded corners for ice on the road. Left at 11 and  in the first 50km's I dropped from over 8000ft to 600ft, took it slowly off the mountain and after one hour arrived on the plains of Idaho. In the last 2 days I had snow, hail, rain and high winds, passing Idaho Falls and just 8km's out of a town called Chubbuck's the above storm broke above me and it started snowing once again. Saw the sign for Motel 6 up ahead, pull off and booked in using a my free night, which the owner of the Seattle branch had given me, after hearing my story about the trip so far.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home