Friday, April 22, 2011

HEADING EAST ON HIGHWAY 3 To CHRISTINA LAKE THEN SOUTH

Richard at work in his "Veg Garden"

Karin & Richards house in Osoyoos


View from the East side of the lake of Osoyoos

Tried to get photo of past the road

Deer eating something 


Someone painted "Flags of the World" don't see SA flag



After 4 days off the bike relaxing in Osoyoos  at Karin and Richards house, who I would like to thank again for the most enjoyable stay and hospitably, you both really gave me the will to go home and re look at my eating habits, Richards morning ritual for breakfast is a veggie juice of carrots, beet 1 egg and Spirulina  powder mixed in. It was quite hard to get back into the routine of  loading  up again for the final leg of my trip down  South, anyway the bike was ready I look once again like the " Michelin Man " all my warm cloths on to do the what I thought was the last leg of the high country. Wrong again, headed towards Grand Forks and after 20km's at Christina Lake turned South, arrived at the USA border, what a pleasure, it's like a drive thru at McDonald's, show your passport at the window, he then checks you against your photo, checks your number plate on bike and off you go, quick and easy. Did about 50km's through same amazing alpine area with a hugh river running next to me on my left, then it happened for the first time, snowing in middle of the  day, in no time at all I was covered in snow, the bike and panniers packed up with snow, you could not see a meter in front of you. Decided quickly that I must turn round and retrace my way back about 10km's to a small village I had gone through earlier  called " Kettle Falls ", which I did,  found a Motel and settled in for the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home