Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Now on the Famous Route 40 Road




We left our over night stop just outside Neuquen and headed down towards San Martin de los Andes but got hit by a wind storm for about 200km's, I was a big bus and did not realize how strong the wind was gusting around the front of the bus, well I was blown right off the road onto the gravel, didn't touch my brakes held a straight line, came back onto the road only to find the bus was still there, didn't even brake for me, tried again and same thing happen, but this time I made it past. Very scarer passing on the left, still need to get used to it. After battling the wind for a further couple of km's we decided to stop over in a village called Junin des los Andes, the trout fishing capital of Argentina, on a very large river, found our first B&B to over night at. Tomorrow we will head on down route 40 towards Bariloche capital of the Pataganian lakes district.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you talking...trout did you say trout fishing...damn I know I should have come with you...then again I have trout fishing just up the road and we don't have to ride on the wrong side....Kees

January 19, 2011 at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home